Thursday, April 17, 2008

Back with a Bang

I can't believe that It has nearly been a whole month since my last post! I've been a bit slack updating my blog but luckily it's school holidays so I have finally had the chance to relax a little and do some knitting.

I recently bought some double pointed needles so I have been able to finish lots of small projects that I have started over the past few months. One of these projects was a Koolhaas hat for my Pa because he had some surgery and needed something to cover his head. Here it is finished and modeled by my dad.
Koolhaas I

Dad in Koolhaas
I also started sewing some clothes. I am still learning but I am able to do simpler projects without any help from my mum. I have found I can apply what I have learned about of knitwear structure so it isn't too hard trying to interpret the instructions. I have two projects I'd like to get finished these holidays and both are from the Built by Wendy collection from the Simplicity pattern range. I'll show you the finished product!

The Madeleine Press scarf has been photographed. I'll post the details (and pattern!) in my next post! I'll leave you with a sneak peek! Until next time!
Madeleine Press Scarf III

2 comments:

shopgirl said...

Just saw the scarf on ravelry. Looks so great! The koolhaas hat is also great, and I love that your pa is cool enough to wear magenta.

Figtree Handspinners & Weavers said...

Really nice pictures Becky-Dee... I am oh so glad that you are sharing that pattern because I am too lazy to work it out, but NEED to knit it! Beautiful work as usual. Yay you!