Thursday, April 24, 2008

Madeleine scarf

If you are on Ravelry or flickr, the pictures have been on there for a week but now it's officially on the blog!
Madeleine Press Scarf III
Pattern: My own, based on a scarf by Madeleine press.
Yarn: 9 skeins of Jaeger Extra Fine Merino Aran in Cypress.
Needles: 6.5mm needles for the blackberry stitch and cable panel and a enormous 4mm circular needle for the frill (which I made my connecting the three longest cables together in my Denise set)
Madeleine Press Scarf I
Even though I am a knitter, I don't really own many scarves. They are rather expensive to buy if made out of good materials and I think they are really quite boring to knit but when I saw a scarf by Madeleine Press on Another Shopgirl I knew that I must knit it. The result, 9 balls of yarn later, is a really long and unique scarf that I adore.

It didn't really take that long for me to knit but I swear I nearly went mad knitting the frill part. I think it was about 350 sts in each row but it was totally worth it in the end.

Madeleine Press Scarf II


Rachel said...

That looks sooo warm

cranberry said...

Wooooooooowwwww! That is gorge. You must wear it constantly!

I hear you about the frill though. It would have driven me bat ish.

eli said...

Could you please please please send me your pattern for this? I would love to make one!

yubinism said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yubinism said...

I've been looking for the pattern for frilled scarf! I LOVE the frill part! but I have no idea how to knit it. Could you please share your pattern?? THANK YOU! :)